Below are tips from an article.by Carol Hymowitz about managing careers. Hyman notes that the traditional 40-year career is being extended. Follow Hymowitz tips to lead a rewarding career. Click here to read the complete article.
1. Expect a career that resembles a jungle gym rather than a ladder
2. Lifelong learning, including breaks to return to school, will be essential
3. Seek flexibility to have a better work/life balance
4. Learn strategies for restarting a career after a break
5. Build an intergenerational network
6. Explore new paths even when you're enjoying your current career